Contact Us3106 Above Stratford Place
Austin, Texas 78746
Serving Central Texas
Patient Forms- Starter Kit (all forms)
- Patient Contact Info
- Pre/Post Instructions
- Payment Policy
- Patient Medical History
- Consent Form
Who we are, what we do and why....
Many people avoid dental treatment for a variety of reasons. Fear of pain, phobia, or a previous experience may be some of the reasons. Some may have a physical or developmental disabilities which has made the dental care in the office setting unrealistic. Others may have drug allergies or complex medical conditions which limit access to regular car. Busy career schedules can limit appointments to complete treatment.
Anesthesia for Dentistry has been established to help address these dilemmas. We utilize modern anesthetic techniques similar to those used in the hospital operating room. Treatment can be rendered safely without pain or memory many times completing treatment during a single visit.
Who is Administering the Anesthesia?
Your anesthetic will be provided by a trained dentist anesthesiologist using medications and patient monitoring equipment similar to that used in a hospital operating room. A close and continuous watch is kept on all vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, heart rhythm, and oxygenation) as well as patient response.
Each anesthetic is individually tailored to the patient’s need, and is carefully evaluated by the dentist anesthesiologist. This offers an extra margin of safety.
Scheduling is done through your dentist’s office at times that fit your needs. You will receive an information packet prior to your appointment which includes pre and post anesthetic instructions, consent forms, financial and insurance information. Our office will personally call you prior to your appointment date. At that time, your medical history will be reviewed and questions will be answered. We perform a complete pre-treatment evaluation prior to administering anesthesia. In some cases, a consultation with your physician or other medial specialty may be necessary.
What are some of the benefits of anesthesia services?
- With prudent use of anesthetic and sedative techniques, dental treatment can become a comfortable experience.
- It can eliminate the fear and anxiety for phobic patients.
- It helps facilitate treatment for children and others who are either too young or unable to cooperate in the routine dental setting.
- It can eliminate a hyperactive gag reflex.
- It provides comfort and relaxation for those requiring surgical procedures or long appointments.
- It significantly reduces cost to patients compared to the hospital or surgery center environments.
- It can eliminate stress and increase the safety of treatments for patients with heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, asthma, seizure disorder, alzheimer, or autism.
- It can enhance the effectiveness of local anesthetics for those who have difficulty getting numb, permitting a pain free experience.
- It is safely administered in your dentist’s office and you go home after treatment.